1) All bookings made, whether orally or in writing, are subject to our ‘conditions of booking’. This applies regardless of whether or not these ‘conditions of booking’ have been received prior to making the booking. When reserving a caravan holiday home, regardless of whether the booking is written, online or by telephone, we have an obligation to provide the accommodation as specified in our literature. The hirer has an obligation to abide by our ‘conditions of booking’ which are essential to good management and the enjoyment of others on the Park.
2) Terms and Conditions are superseded by the version published at www.lodgeandcaravan.com
3) Prices are correct at the time of publication, however, some errors may occur. In the event that a wrongly listed price, Lodge and Caravan Ltd reserves the right to cancel the booking and notify the hirer, giving the hirer a full refund.
4) Lodge and Caravan Ltd is an independent family run business hiring out five caravans and one lodge at Haggerston Castle. Lodge and Caravan Ltd are not connected to Haven or Bourne Leisure.
5) You are hiring a private holiday home on a Haven Holiday Park. Lodge and Caravan Ltd cannot be held responsible for changes to the entertainment programme or cancellations in any service or facility. In the event that Haven Holidays closes the park for any reason Lodge and Caravan Ltd cannot be held responsible or offer any form of refund or compensation.
6) The holiday caravan or lodge assigned to the hirer may be used only for holiday purposes and will not be used for sleeping more persons than the number of berths indicated by Lodge and Caravan Ltd.
7) Under 18s must be supervised in the holiday property by a responsible adult of over 25 at all times.
8) All bookings are non-transferrable which means you cannot transfer your holiday to another guest or party. The person who makes the holiday booking must attend the holiday.
9) The Hirer is responsible for the conduct of his/her guests and family and shall take steps to ensure that their behaviour does not cause a nuisance, inconvenience or disturbance to other occupiers or cause damage to property belonging to Lodge and Caravan Ltd or such other occupiers.
10) The Hirer agrees to indemnify Lodge and Caravan Ltd in respect of any damage caused to Lodge and Caravan Ltd's property or to the property of third parties and against personal injury caused by the Hirer or members of the Hirer’s party.
11) The Hirer’s vehicle is parked entirely at his/her risk and Lodge and Caravan Ltd is under no liability whatsoever in respect of any damage caused by or to the vehicle from whatever cause or for the loss or damage to articles left therein.
12) The Hirer will not permit or suffer anything to be done which would endanger any policies of insurance which Lodge and Caravan Ltd has affected in respect of its business as caravan park proprietor.
13) Lodge and Caravan Ltd cannot accept liability for any injury, loss of damage suffered by you or any member of your party: Unless there was a wilful default by the owner of the caravan, Death or personal injury was cause by owners’ negligence.
14) All refuse or litter is to be deposited in the refuse bins provided and the area surrounding the holiday home is to be kept in a clean and tidy condition.
15) The Hirer must give notification of any damage to Lodge and Caravan Ltd as soon as possible.
16) Bookings cannot be made by under 21s or stag or hen parties.
17) We will endeavour to have your accommodation thoroughly cleaned and ready for your occupation by 15.00 (New Hampshire Lodge, Winchester and Allerton) and 16.00 (Burgundy, Burgundy II and Florida). This time cannot be guaranteed, however, if there are extenuating circumstances beyond our control.
18) Refunds will only be given is the caravan is unavailable to be hired out on these dates. The hirer may wish to consider purchasing cancellation insurance (not available from Lodge and Caravan Ltd). In the event that the caravan becomes unavailable to let due Lodge and Caravan Ltd will attempt to find alternative accommodate on the site, however, cannot guarantee that alternative accommodation will be available.
19) All our caravans are strictly no smoking. In the event that guests are found to be smoking in the caravans, you may be asked to leave immediately without any refund. Smoking is not permitted on the decking and veranda areas.
20) All our caravans have a strict no animal or pets rule. In the event that guests are found to have animals or pets in the caravans, you will be asked to leave immediately without any refund.
21) Lodge and Caravan Ltd do not supply park complex passes for the park. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to purchase park complex passes from the on-site reception. Pass prices listed on the website are for guide purposes only. We cannot be held responsible if prices change as these are set by Bourne Leisure and Haven.
22) Our booking periods are Monday to Friday, Friday to Monday, Monday to Monday and Friday to Friday. We can offer shorter periods however the Hirer agrees to pay the full booking slot price.
23) Lodge and Caravan Ltd cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage to private property or accident to any persons, however, caused, whilst staying on the park.
24) Lodge and Caravan Ltd cannot accept any responsibility for the breakdown or malfunction of any equipment in any accommodation but will endeavour to repair or replace the equipment as soon as possible.
25) The caravan holiday home allocated is at the sole discretion of the Company. Although every effort will be made to provide the pitch number requested, in exceptional circumstances, this may have to be altered prior to arrival for a unit in the same or higher price category.
26) Lodge and Caravan Ltd or Haggerston Castle staff reserves the right to enter into any accommodation at any reasonable time for the purpose of checking the condition, or repairs, or any emergency.
27) Lodge and Caravan Ltd reserves the right to refuse any booking for any reason expressed or otherwise.
28) All persons staying on the park must conduct themselves at all times with due regard to the enjoyment and comfort of others.
29) Any issues regarding the holiday home must be sent via text message or phone call and must be sent by the person booking the caravan. Complaints sent by a third party can not be considered or acted upon.
30) Should we be unable to provide the type of accommodation requested, we will refund any monies paid for the accommodation in full. This shall be the full limit of our liability. Enforced early departure liability (other than for nuisance or damage) shall be limited to the pro-rata amount for the unused portion of the booking.
31) With constant park improvements, website text may become out of date.
32) No refund will be made to the hirer whose hiring has commenced and who vacates the caravan for any reason including an emergency at home.
33) A £50 deposit is required to secure the date unless taken out a payment plan. Lodge and Caravan Ltd are unable to secure a date unless payment has been made. Until such payment is made the date will be available for other parties to book. The Hirer agrees when making a booking that the deposit is non-returnable.
34) The final balance must be paid within 8 weeks of the holiday date if paying via the deposit option. It is the hirer’s responsibility to contact Lodge and Caravan Ltd to make payment arrangements. If payment is not made within 8 weeks Lodge and Caravan Ltd are entitled to relist the date.
35) The first £75 or 50% of the total monies paid, whichever is the greater is deemed as a booking administration charge and is non-refundable. This fee is required to reserve your desired caravan and date.
36) If the hirer has paid any monies and cancels within 12 weeks of the holiday a full refund will not be given.
37) If the hirer fails to show up for their booking, a full refund will not be given.
38) If the Hirer has a payment plan and cancels the following cancellation charges will apply;
Up until 12 weeks before the check-in date: £75 or 50% of the total monies paid which ever is the greater amount.
Less than 12 weeks before the holiday: The full amount that has been paid will be retained and no refund will be given.
39) If the Hirer has a payment debit plan and would like to cancel a notice of 5 working days much be given.
40) If the Hirer has set up a payment plan and the first payment is unsuccessful we reserve the right to cancel the holiday and relist it.
41) If the Hirer has made a booking and needs to change the date due to change of circumstances, Lodge and Caravan Ltd can in good faith move it to a new available date, should the original date be more than 12 weeks away. If the rearranged date is then subsequently cancelled by the Hirer and the original date was less than 12 weeks from the date of cancellation, a refund cannot be offered.
42) A cleaning and damage deposit of £50 is required in advance of your arrival. If the caravan is found to be in a reasonable condition at the time of your departure a full return will be issued within seven days of receiving your payment details. We will email you within 48 hours of the departure to request your bank sort code and account number. Bonds will be returned within five working days of us recieving your payment details. For security reasons we do not store bank details. You must send your account information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 90 days in order for us to return your bond.
43) Should any damage or theft take place above £50 the Hirer agrees to cover all costs above the £50. In the event that damage is made to the caravan and the caravan is unable to be re-let the Hirer agrees to cover all subsequential losses.
44) In the event of malicious damage being made to the caravan, Lodge and Caravan Ltd retains the right to ask the Hirer to leave. Lodge and Caravan Ltd and the site security reserve the right to contact the Police.
45) All breakages and damage must be paid for in full.
46) Departure times are 10.00 on the departure day for all caravans. When you check out you are kindly asked to text 07432 503 188 to notify us. The caravan key should be returned to the key box. If the key is not returned we will retain your deposit. If you do not vacate the holiday home by 10.00am we charge £25 per additional hour you stay. Late check outs mean we incur additional costs from our cleaning team.
47) The Hirer’s belongings should be removed from the caravan. Lodge and Caravan Ltd cannot be held responsible for any belongings that are left in our caravans. Any items needing returning the hirer is responsible for any postage and packaging costs.
48) The Hirer agrees not to remove any of Lodge and Caravan Ltd’s property from the caravans.
49) The Hirer agrees to turn off any heating in the caravan on departure. Failure to do so will result in a £10 fuel charge.
50) The Hirer agrees to clean the property prior to leaving. The following charges will apply in the event of the holiday home not being returned to the way it was found on arrival;
£10 - Removal of rubbish from holiday home.
£10 - If guests leave central heating or fires left on
£20 - If our cleaning team have to wash and put away kitchenware
£10 - If our cleaning team have to put away kitchenware
£10 - If dirty nappies or sanitary items have to be removed from the holiday home.
51) If the Hirer has a linen pack the Hirer agrees to strip the linen from the bed and leave the linen on the bed in the main bedroom prior to departure.
52) The Hirer agrees to ensure that all kitchenware (cutlery, dishes, plates, cups, pans) and have been washed prior to departure
53) The Hirer agrees to clean the oven trays after their use.
54) Duvet and pillows are provided as standard.
55) An optional linen pack is available for £25 which includes duvet covers, pillow cases, bed sheets and 1 tea towel.
56) Hirers who do not book a linen pack must supply their own duvet covers, pillow cases, bed sheets, towels and tea towels. Failure to do so will result in the damage and security bond being retained.
57) Linen packs must be booked at least two working days before the commencement of the holiday date.
58) If you decide to check out and notify us that you have checked out and won't be returning, we reserve the right to relist the holiday. No refund will be made available for early check-outs.
59) We cannot be held responsible if the hirer making the booking, books the incorrect date via our booking system. In the event of the hirer booking the wrong date they must notify us within two hours of making the booking. An administration charge of £50 will be charged.
60) To protect the carpets we request that all outdoor footwear is removed as soon as you enter the holiday home.
61) If a linen pack is requested this will be left in the caravan for the Hirer’s arrival. Our cleaners will make the beds up in the New Hampshire Lodge and Winchester ready for arrival. Bedding will be supplied for all other caravans for the Hirer to make the beds.
62) Any guest staying in our holiday homes, or friend of a guest, found to be in possession of drugs or substances will be automatically asked to leave the holiday home and no bond will be returned. We reserve the right to notify both the park management and the Police.
63) Any needles or sharp medical supplies, should be disposed of accordingly and must not be left in our waste bins. All items should be removed prior to leaving the caravan.
64) Sky TV is provided in our New Hampshire Lodge, Winchester and Allerton as an extra service. We provide Sky Movies and Sky Sports. We cannot be held responsible if these services become unavailable during your stay. We cannot book Sky Box Office or Sky Per View Events during your stay. Compensation cannot be offered if these services have issues, such as signal or subscription problems.
65) Important note about your booking: From now until 1 June there will be some refurbishment taking place on park, which will mean that there'll be a temporary entrance into the complex, a reduced arcade area, and Burger King will be closed. All other facilities will be open and available as usual.
Lodge and Caravan Limited is an independent company registered in England and Wales (Reg No 8612604) and is not connected to Haggerston Castle Holiday Park, Haven or Bourne Leisure.
Lodge and Caravan Limited own private caravans which are rented out independently at Haggerston Castle Holiday Park near Berwick in Northumberland.